Please keep checking these FAQs time to time as we will keep them updating for relevant queries
- When will I get the admit card?
Admit cards will be available for download from December 1.
- What is meant by "provisionally eligible"
It means that you are eligible to sit in the test.
- When will my documents be checked?
We will check the documents of those candidates who clear the second stage test and are to join the department finally.
- How wil I get the admit card?
There are three ways.
1.You may use your login and password to generate your admit card from the website.
2.You may go the website, enter the relevant details including application no, DOB and /or the journal no and get a printout.
3.The confirmation mail that you will be receiving will have the link of the site where you can go and download your admit card.
- My admit card is not being generated?
Please check the list of ineligible candidates on the website whether your name figures in that list. If that is not so, Contact on the helpline with details of your application no. and journal no.
- Do I need to bring my documents to the test centre on 15th December?
No, please donot do that as it will not serve any purpose and the documents will not be checked there.
- The admit card does not mention the address of test centre. How will I know where to go?
The Admit card will carry only the number of test centre. The test centre name will be displayed on the website from 13 December, 2013 onwards.
- What will be duration for the test?
The test will be of two and a half hour duration.
- Will the questions in Punjabi also be of Multiple choice questions (MCQ)?
Yes, all questions will be MCQ.
- If I get late, will I be allowed to sit in the test?
You will be allowed to sit in the test after 15 minutes of the start of the test, not later.
- By what time should I reach the test centre?
It is advisable that you reach the test centre half an hour before the time of commencement of the test.
- Will there be videography?
Yes, videography of all candidates will be done.
- Will there be negative marking?
Yes, 0.25 marks for every wrong answer will be deducted.
- Is the calculator allowed?
No,it is not allowed. Even watches with calculator should be necessarily avoided.
- What all I should carry to the examination centre?
Here is the checklist
1.Your admit card on which you have pasted your self attested photograph.
2.Your photo identity proof (Driving licence or Voter card orAadhaar card or passport etc)
3.Two black or blue pens.
Please not NOT to bring any bag, wallet, pencil box etc as these will not be allowed.
- Will I be allowed to keep my bag in the test premises?
No, you will not be allowed to do that, so please do not bring it in the first place.
- Will I be allowed to carry my mobile inside the test centre?
No, you will not be allowed to do that, so please do not carry it in the first place.
- Will my request for change of shift be entertained?
The allotment of shift (morning and evening)on December 15 is final and will not be changed.
- What is the time of Exam?
The Examination is being held in two shifts. See admit cards for details.
- Why is the exam taking place in two shifts?
Due to very large number of applicants, it was not possible to hold the test of all candidates in one go.
- What will be the criteria for selection to second stage?
Top candidates equal to five times the number of posts in each category, will be picked up from the merit list of each category of candidates, from each the shifts. Where ever is the cutoff, all candidates getting those many marks will be picked up.
- What will the second stage test selection involve?
The candidates equal to ten times the number of posts, so chosen in the first stage will be required to appear again for the second stage examination.
- How will the candidates be allotted shifts?
Each shift will consist of half of the total candidates in each category. The allocation of shift will be random.
- When will the second stage test be held?
The second stage test will be held on January 12, 2014 in Chandigarh.
- What will be pattern of exam for the second stage?
The pattern of exam will remain the same for the second stage test.
- What will be the basis of final merit list?
Final category wise merit list of these candidates in the second stage will become the basis for final selection for these posts.
- How many candidates will be there in the final list?
The final result will be declared of twice the number of candidates as there are number of posts.
- How will the candidates be informed about their selection in the first stage?
All selected candidates who are to appear in the second stage test will be informed by way of email, SMS and the result displayed on the website.
- Will the marks obtained in the first stage be counted in the second stage?
The marks obtained by the candidates in the first stage will be counted only for qualification purposes for the second stage test.
- Will the Candidates have to apply again to appear in the second stage test?
Candidates will not be required to apply again.
- Will the candidates have to pay fees again for the second stage test?
The Candidates will not have to pay fee again to appear in the second stage test.